Heat stroke is a type of emergency which h related to the sudden increase in the body temperature. It is usually caused by the direct exposure to the sunlight. It may be life threatening depending upon the severity. The main indication of the heat is the sudden increase in the temperature of the body accompanied by skin rashes n dehydration.
HOW SEVERE IT IS:
Heat strokes are usually preventable but can also be life threatening. It is called the heat illness. Severity in heat stroke may refer to the following:
- Heat rash
- Sun burn
- Heat cramps
Blocking of sweat glands is termed as heat rash. In this skin is unable to evaporate. So it is treated with the help of prickly heat creams and powders. It seemed to be very uncomfortable.
Sun burn is a type of condition of skin in which skin burn from an overexposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiation, commonly from the sun.
Heat cramps usually occurs when muscle get cramped by doing physical activity in hot weather.
These all conditions tend to be very painful and severe.
Classification of Heat Stroke:
Heat stroke is classified in to two types:
- A) EXERTIONAL HEAT STROKE
- B) NON EXERTIONAL HEAT STROKE:
EXERTIONAL HEAT STROKE:
Exertional heat stroke refers to the condition where the body temperature rises to 104 FAHRENHEIT. Generally it occurs in the individuals who are usually exposed to the direct sunlight like athletes
The patients of the heat stroke must be admitted to hospital as early as possible to monitor the complications.
NON EXERTIONAL HEAT STROKE:
NEHS (NON Exertional Heat strokes) occurs during environmental heat waves. It is most common in the children of younger age and elderly persons who live in hot environment; moreover people with the chronic illness are more prone to the heat stroke.
TO WHOM IT AFFECTS:
Basically infant’s and athletes, military person and the workers who are engaged in the construction business have the greater chances of having heat stroke.
SYMPTOMS OF HEAT STROKE:
- Itchy n skin rash
- Muscle cramping
- Rapid heart rate
TREATMENT N PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES:
As you figure out the symptoms the foremost step is to give the first aid to the patient so that the reduction in the body temperature could be achieved. It is advisable for the patient to
- Stay indoor keep hydrated.
- Stay in air conditioned rooms and in airy environment.
- Person heart rate and sugar level should be correctly monitored by the trained medical practitioner.
- Cool packs should also apply to the patient.
- Immerse the patient in cod bath
- Remove the unnecessary clothing.
- CPR is performed if person goes into some heart issue
- Drip is placed if a person is in unconscious condition and unable to take oral fluids ,
- Consume extra fluids and juices.
- Keep you hydration level up to the mark one should monitor the color of the urine which is the basic indicator of hydration
- Person should minimize the intake of alcohol.
- Arrange the proper ventilation system where you are living.
So as it is preventable but life threatening so by taking the above steps one can be protected by the heat stroke ……